Jay Hall and Associates (JHA) provides expert guidance on how to build high quality, high performing residential buildings. This expertise is built upon the following experience:
- 30 years of experience in the high performance buildings industry.
- 15 years of experience as primary consultant to US EPA’s ENERGY STAR programs.
- 12 years of experience as primary consultant to US Green Building Council’s LEED for Homes program.
- 5 years of experience as International Certification Reviewer for USGBC’s LEED for Homes.
- Always provide highest level of professionalism and attention to the needs of each client and project.
- “Green” is a common sense approach to designing and constructing better performing buildings.
- “Green” is a better process that results in better performance (rather than just a checklist).
- “Green” measures should be practical and highly cost-effective.
- Third-party verification is a key part of green homes - ensuring that the quality of a green home greatly exceeds a conventional (code built) home.
- Led the development of the LEED for Homes Rating System and the certification delivery system.
- Deep knowledge of similarities and differences in national and regional green home / green building programs, with database of common green measures.
- National expert in cost-effective green technologies and strategies, with database of best practices.
- Development of custom green guidelines for large complex developments.
- Expert building energy analyst / modeler
Core Competencies / Services Offered
- Building Science and Green Building Education
- Third Party Verification (Energy and Green Rater Services)
- Consulting / Design Support / Energy Analysis
- Custom Program Development and Implementation
- USGBC LEED Faculty
- LEED AP Homes
- HERS Rater / ENERGY STAR Partner
- LEED for Homes Green Rater
- National Green Building Standard (ICC 700-2012) Green Verifier
Green Program Experience
- ENERGY STAR for Homes
- LEED for Homes
- National Green Building Standard (ICC 700)
- Enterprise Green Communities
- Production Builders - including LENNAR Homes, Williamsburg Homes
- High End Custom Buillders - including: Pyramid Homes, Lynbrook of Annapolis, Lundberg Builders, Maximus Properties
- Multi-family Developers - including Preston-Scheffenaker, Telesis,
- US Green Building Council
- Canada Green Building CouncilSouthface Energy InstitueEnergy Insnpectors
- Energy Diagnostics
- Alliance MEP Engineers
- Belfor Restorations
- Legacy Restorations
- Habitat for Humanity
- Home Depot Foundation
- many others